Lineage OS 13 is the last update Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge has received. Unfortunately, Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are still waiting for the Lineage OS 14.1 update based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. But thanks to Team Nexus7420 Android 7.1.2 via Lineage OS 14.1 is now available for Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. The Custom ROM is tested on both Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge and it performed tremendously on both devices. Android 7.1.2 via Lineage OS 14.1 nearly works with all variants of Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. In this tutorial will tell you How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge via Lineage OS 14.1.
The Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat is an extremely fast Custom ROM, with the smooth user experience. Moreover, it’s also known for very good battery timing. Therefore, without any further a due let’s jump the requirements and a step by step guide on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge via Lineage OS 14.1.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Please don’t try it on any other Galaxy Model.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and TWRP recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S6
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy S6 Edge
- Download Google Apps Package (GAPPS)
How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge via Lineage OS 14.1
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Lineage OS Android 7.1.2 ROM and Google Apps for your device.
- Connect your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge to the computer via USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button together.
- Tap on Wipe and format the partitions including Cache, Dalvik-Cache, Data, System.
- Now go back the main menu of recovery and tap on Install. Then select the ROM from storage and Swipe to initiate the installation.
- Repeat the same process for installing Google GAPPS after you are done with Step 7.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge.