Motorola Moto E4 is a fantastic mid-range phone. The main feature of this smartphone is its battery life. It is claimed that Moto E4 can surviva couplele of days easily with one single charge. Anyhow, the device was released with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. But Resurrection Remix has already released its Custom ROM for Motorola Moto E4 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Which means you can enjoy the Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto E4 even before its released officially. The Resurrection Remix Custom ROM for Moto E4 comes with tons of customizations and new features. The custom firmware brings all the latest features from lineage OS, AOKP, CM, and another custom ROMs. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto E4 via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
This is not an official release by Motorola, therefore, to update your Moto E4 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat you need to have the root access and CWM must be installed on your device.
So, if you are ready to update Moto E4 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat then follow our step by step guide carefully.
Without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto E4 via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Moto E4.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Moto E4 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto E4 via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS on your computer.
- Connect your Moto E4 with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Buttons together. Keep the buttons pressed until you see Android Logo on your screen.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Resurrection Remix Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat is installed on your Moto E4.