Google Pixel 2 was recently updated to Android 8.1 Oreo. And we already have the first monthly security patch based on the same version. Its highly recommended that you update your Google Pixel 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware. This little update doesn’t bring any new flashy features, Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware is mostly about bug fixes and ironing out the vulnerabilities. You will receive Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware update via OTA update system. Which means all the users are not going to receive the update at the same time. Above of that, if you are running a modified system partition then you cannot use OTA system to receive updates. The only way you can update your Google Pixel 2 to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware is by following our guide.
Therefore, if you are looking to Install Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware on Google Pixel 2 then you are in the right place. Just follow the below guide carefully and within no time your Google Pixel 2 will be updated to Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware.
- Setup and Install ADB/Fastboot Drivers.
- Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel 2.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Google Pixel 2 USB Drivers for Windows PC or Mac.
- Backup all important data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware.
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware on Google Pixel 2
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 Factory Image (walleye-opm1.171019.013-factory-56e2f2dc.zip) for Pixel 2 on your PC, if you haven’t already.
- Now turn off your Google Pixel 2 and connect it to your PC via USB Cable.
- Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now extract the downloaded update file anywhere on your computer. Go to the walleye-OPM1 folder and Copy/Paste all the files into the Fastboot folder.
- Now from the factory image files in the Fastboot Folder do the following depending on your OS.
- Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal
- Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- That’s pretty much it! Now, wait and watch as the installation gets completed. Once the process is completed the phone will reboot. The first boot can take up to 5 minutes.
Enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo OPM1 January 2018 stock firmware on Google Pixel 2.