HTC 10 was released in mid of 2016. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow was installed out of the box with the promise of Android 7.0 Nougat update. In November the users of HTC 10 in U.S got the update while others were left out. The update came with all buzz and whistles of Nougat which Android promised. The new Android 7.0 Nougat update for HTC 10 came with all the features like Multiwindow, Doze, Improved Notifications, New Messaging Apps along with other features.
Today HTC 10 in Europe gets Android 7.0 Nougat update. The name of countries to get the Android 7.0 Nougat update in Europe are not confirmed yet. But Android 7.0 Nougat RUU package for HTC 10 is available for download and you can manually flash it on your HTC 10. Be warned that flashing manually will remove all the data and information on your device, so make sure to take a backup before moving any further.
This RUU file is for European Region, therefore please don’t try it on phone of any other region.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install USB drivers for HTC 10 on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdowns during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to download and install Android 7.0 Nougat RUU Package for HTC 10 in Europe
We have tried to keep it very simple, hence we have put the guide step by step. So, you just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat RUU package for HTC 10.
- Connect your HTC 10 with your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy/Paste downloaded Android 7.0 Nougat RUU package on your PC.
- Now simply double-click the downloaded .exe file.
- The update wizard will open on your computer screen. It will warn you about losing data and information. Simply tick the box and click Next.
- Next screen will ask you again to verify that you want to update the ROM. If you are sure, click Next.
That’s it! After the flashing is complete reboot your HTC 10, the first reboot can take 5 to 10 minutes so please be patient.