Big news for the owners of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, official Android Oreo firmware for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ is now available for download. This non-beta Android Oreo firmware is not officially released by Samsung, therefore, you are not going to get the update Over the air. However, in this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android Oreo CRA1 Build on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. Android Oreo CRA1 Build is leaked on Reddit, so you can easily download it and side-load it on your Galaxy S8/S8+ by following our guide.
Android CRA1 Build comes with January Security patch, brand new boot animation, and DOLBY Atmos Audio. Moreover, the users who have already installed Android Oreo CRA1 Build are reporting improvements in DEX, Picture-in-picture mode, and a few other improvements.
Therefore, if you are looking to download Android Oreo CRA1 Build and install it on your Galaxy S8/S8+ then you are in the right place. Because we are going to help you download Android Oreo CRA1 Build and then will provide you a complete guide on how to install Android Oreo CRA1 Build on Galaxy S8/S8+.
We will install Android Oreo CRA1 Build on Galaxy S8/S8+ [Snapdragon]via a stock recovery. Which means you don’t need a custom recovery. However, it’s important to notice that to sideload the OTA, you must be on the BQL1 firmware currently. If not, flash the firmware on your device before proceeding.
Download Android Oreo CRA1 OTA Update
How to Install Android Oreo CRA1 Build on Galaxy S8/S8+
- Download the OTA update file from the above links, depending on your device. Then place the downloaded file on the root of the internal storage.
- Now, boot your device into stock recovery. Press and hold the Volume Up + Bixby + Power button together. When you see a warning message on your screen, tap the Volume Up key once.
- Once you enter the stock recovery successfully. Use the Volume rocker keys to navigate through the menu.
- Go to the ‘Apply update from ADB’ option and press power button to select it.
- Now select the zip file which you downloaded earlier and placed on the root of the internal storage.
- Select Yes to install Android Oreo CRA1 Build on Galaxy S8/S8+ Snapdragon Variant.
- Reboot the device, after the installation is completed.
There you have it! Enjoy leaked Android Oreo CRA1 Build on your Galaxy S8 or S8+.