Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F) gets an update from Lineage OS, now you can install Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 on Galaxy J5 SM-J500F. The device came with Android 5.1 Lollipop and was later updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Unfortunately, Galaxy J5 didn’t receive Android Nougat update officially. But thanks to the awesome team of Lineage OS, you can now install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy J5 SM-J500F via Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM. By installing this ROM you will be able to taste the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy J5 and it will also give a boost to your phone in terms of speed. The Custom ROMs provided by Lineage OS are extremely fast and free of any type of bloatware, so you will save very precious memory which is otherwise occupied by un-necessary bloatware.
By following our guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F), you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Nougat flavor on Galaxy J5. This latest custom ROM by Lineage OS 14.1 is very stable and will give a unique power to your Galaxy J5. Customs ROMs give you the power to modify it as per your liking, and Lineage OS Custom ROMs are highly modifiable. Therefore, you will enjoy playing with Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on your Galaxy J5. All official Android 7.1.2 Nougat features are available in this Custom ROM along with many other awesome aftermarket features. This custom ROM has many handy and awesome features like Multi Window support, Notification Redesigned panel, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App and much more.
So, if you are ready to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F) then follow our guide carefully.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Galaxy J5 SM-J500F.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Galaxy J5 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F)
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for Galaxy J5 on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy J5 with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on your Galaxy J5 SM-J500F.