The official Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM is now available for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 which is based on the latest Android 7.1 Nougat. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a spectacular Android smartphone and it will be one of those Xiaomi Android devices which will officially receive Android 8.0 O in the future. The device comes with a 5.5 inch touch screen with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 and is powered by a Snapdragon 625 processor and 4 GB of RAM. The Lineage OS 14.1 is one of the most stable ROM ever made for Redmi Note 4 and it contains all the new features of Android 7.1 Nougat. The Lineage OS 14.1 supports only the Snapdragon variant of the device so don’t try it on MediaTek MTK variant. The Lineage OS 14.1 offers many new features and applications such as Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, improved privacy guard and a lot more. If you own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and want to update it on Android 7.1 Nougat via Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM then you need to follow our detailed guide.
But before proceeding any further, you need to make sure that your device is fully rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM installed.
This Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 update guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Verify your device model by going to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidTutorial.Net will not be held responsible for any damage to your device during or after the update process. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent or higher battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- You need to activate the USB Debugging on your device. You can enable it USB Debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- You have installed the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 USB Drivers.
How to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM and Gapps for Redmi Note 4 on your computer.
- Connect your Redmi Note 4 with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste the custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons together to enter the recovery mode.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing Gapps after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat on your Android device. If you have any questions or stuck at any point do let us know in the comments.