Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S5. S5 was launched back in 2014 with Android 4.4 KitKat with planned upgrade to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 but no official Android Nougat update for Galaxy S5 was promised. Still, users were waiting for Android Nougat 7.1. So, now is the time to taste the latest Nougat features on customizations on your Galaxy s5 as Official Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM is available for download. This is a very stable release and worked like a charm on Samsung Galaxy S5. This custom ROM proved to be very snappy and fast, no lag was found.
This Custom Lineage firmware based on Android 7.1 Nougat comes with all the features available in Nougat along with some really cool customized and aftermarket features. The ROM is very flexible and capable of doing many things. With Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM installed you can modify your Samsung Galaxy S5 entirely. This ROM is not officially released by Samsung, therefore, we will need a Custom Recovery to flash Lineage Custom Firmware on Galaxy S5.
We have compiled a simple step by step guide on How to install Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S5. Please note that this guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 and shall not be tried on any other model. To check your phone model no. go to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidTutorial.Net will not be held responsible for any damage to your device during or after the update process. So proceed at your own risk.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Google Apps Package (GAPPS)
How to Install Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S5
- Download Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S5 to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S5 with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat ROM.zip and Gapps .zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button together
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing Google Apps after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on your Galaxy S5.