In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Honor View 10. This specific LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM will also work on Project Treble-Compatible Devices. The Project Treble is the initiative of Google, introduced in Android Oreo, which ensures the longevity of devices. Due to the slowness of Android updates, many reasonable devices fails to receive any big OS update in their lifetime. This LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM includes all the cool additions that LineageOS is known for. That includes LiveDisplay, Privacy Guard, button customization, and much, much more. Also if you have a Project Treble Compatible device than you must install this custom ROM, as it would be very easy to install.
So, if you want to install LineageOS 15.1 on Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Honor View 10 then read ahead and follow the steps. However, there is one thing worth noting here. The developers of this custom ROM claims that this custom ROM should work on any device with a HiSilicon Kirin 970. But if you come across any bug then the developer might not extend their support. So, proceed with that in mind.
- Unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Honor View 10.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on Huawei Mate 10 Pro and Honor View 10
- Download LineageOS 15.1 from the link given above and save it on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to the PC and boot it into bootloader mode.
- To do so, power off your phone then turn it on by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down.
- Next, open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the same directory where you downloaded the system image from above.
- Enter the following command: fastboot flash system system.img
- Don’t forget to change the system.img with the exact name of the image you downloaded.
- Reboot the phone now. If your phone goes into bootloop, let it continue until it brings you to Huawei’s recovery screen asking you to do a low-level data wipe. Select that option with the power button and let it do its thing.
That’s it! Your phone should boot into LineageOS 15.1.