Google is gradually rolling out Android Nougat update for various devices region-wise. Now it’s the turn of Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to get the taste of Nougat. Google just released OTA update of Android Nougat for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices on Verizon, you can now easily install it and experience the awesomeness of Google’s OS.
Android Nougat promises many new features for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The device has new UI with the update, settings application is renewed, new contacts application, new UI for dialer and much more. After the update, you will see improved multi-tasking. You will also notice the improved battery life after the update because of the Doze feature, but it’s not the only thing which improves battery. With Android Nougat installed Samsung has quietly reduced S7 screen resolution to 1080p to make the battery last longer. But don’t worry you can still Change Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge resolution back to 1440p after updating it to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Before we go towards to our step by step guide please note a couple of important things below:
- The update is only for the Galaxy S7 SM-G930V. Don’t try on any other variant.
- The update is still in early stage, it doesn’t work with the Gear VR. Keep in mind before updating. Hope this will be fixed in future updates.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Make sure your device is running on official firmware, no custom ROMs and recoveries are installed.
- Enable OEM Unlocking on your Galaxy S7 SM-G930V.
- Make sure your SD Card is decrypted. Go to Settings > Lock Screen & Security > Encrypt SD card >
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- On your Verizon Galaxy S7, go to Settings > About device and check the firmware version.
- If the firmware version is G930VVRS4APH1 then download S7Nupdate.zip and rename it to update.zip.
- If the firmware version is G930VVRS4API3 then download PI3_to_PK4update.zip and rename it to update.zip.
- If the firmware version is G930VVRS4APK4 then download s7Nupdate2.zip and rename it to update.zip.
How to Install Official Android Nougat OTA on Galaxy S7 SM-G930V
Step 1: Access your SD-Card via PC or Mobile and create a folder name “fota” on the root directory of your card.
Step 2: Copy update.zip file in the fota folder you just created.
Step 3: Now turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power + Home buttons, leave the buttons when the device is turned on.
Step 4: Now that your stock recovery is up, you can navigate through options by using Volume rocker and power button to select any option.
Step 5: In recovery mode select apply update.zip from sd card and from the menu select update.zip file which you copied in Step 2.
Step 6: Now click yes and Nougat OTA will be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Verizon.
Please let us know in the comments how did you find the latest Android Nougat.