Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for OnePlus 5 via Resurrection Remix Custom ROM. OnePlus 5 is launched with Oxygen OS on top of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. But if you want to up your game right away and to install the Custom ROM on OnePlus 5 then see no further, as today we have brought you the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM for OnePlus 5. Resurrection Remix Custom ROM is very popular amongst Android users as the ROM is a perfect blend of features of Lineage OS, CM, AOKP and other custom ROMs.
By updating your OnePlus 5 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM by Resurrection Remix, you will be able to enjoy all the official features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat along with some awesome aftermarket features. This custom ROM is not an official release by OnePlus, therefore, your OnePlus 5 must be rooted and CWM custom recovery must be installed on it.
So, if you are ready to install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on OnePlus 5 then follow our step by step guide carefully.
Without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on How to install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on OnePlus 5.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- The bootloader on OnePlus 5 must be unlocked.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download OnePlus 5 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on OnePlus 5
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for OnePlus 5 on your computer.
- Connect your OnePlus 5with computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons together. Keep the buttons pressed until you see Android Logo on your screen.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Now you know How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on OnePlus 5.