It would be surprising for you to know that OnePlus 3/3T are receiving the fourth incremental update of Android OS. Yes, you read it right! As I write, the Android 9 Pie update is being pushed to OnePlus 3/3T all around the world to the thousands of active devices; via an OTA update. Mind it, this is a stable Android 9 Pie release. Android 9 Pie beta was already available for OnePlus 3/3T, however, many users are reluctant to install the beta versions as they come with a fair share of bugs. So, if you are one of those who were waiting for the stable release, then it’s the time to update your OnePlus 3/3T to Android 9 Pie stable version.
The new update consists of new features, improvements with a new April 2019 security patch. The latest OTA update for OnePlus 3/3T comes packed with DnD Mode, an improved gaming experience with Gaming Mode 3.0, Google Duo’s inclusion in the dialer, haptic feedback, improved Digital Wellbeing and much more. Further, some bug fixes have been done for the Google Lens as well.
OxygenOS 9.0.2 changelog
- Updated system to Android 9 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.4
- Do Not Disturb mode
- You can now customize the time range in the new Do Not Disturb mode
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Supported displaying text content of the heads up notifications
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Dialer now supports Google Duo
- Supports Google Lens to provide you with powerful image recognition experience
- General bug fixes and improvements
This software update is being pushed via OTA system. The update is being pushed in batches, therefore, it might take some time before it reaches your region. You can check whether the update has arrived in your device or not by navigating to Settings and look for Software Update. If available, Download & Install the update. If it has not yet reached to your mobile then don’t worry. Follow the below guide in order to download and install OxygenOS 9.0.2 flashable zip on your OnePlus 3/3T.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation.
- Backup all the important data just in case something goes wrong.
Install Stable Android 9 Pie Update on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download OxygenOS 9.0.2 update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In System Updates click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which opens the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once OxygenOS 9.0.2 update is installed, the device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Official OxygenOS 9.0.2 update is installed on your OnePlus 3/3T.