Galaxy A8 2018 is the latest smartphone to be offered by Samsung in its famous “A” series. Though the phone is not cheaper anymore, still it’s shy of being a flagship device. Anyhow, flagship or not, every Android power user wishes to root the device to get the most out of it. And to root the device, first, you need to install a custom recovery on your device. This Android Tutorial is about installing TWRP custom recovery on Galaxy A8 2018. We are happy to tell you that an unofficial TWRP 3.2.1 custom recovery is available for the Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 A530F. And in this article, we will tell you how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy A8 2018.
So, if you want to install TWRP Custom recovery on Galaxy A8 2018 then follow below guide carefully and within 10 to 15 minutes you will have TWRP Recovery installed on your Galaxy A8 2018.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy A8 2018 A530F
- First download above mentioned files on your PC.
- Extract the TWRP file to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool to get the Odin file.
- Now switch off your Galaxy A8 2018 to boot it into download mode.
- Switch on your Galaxy A8 2018 by pressing and holding Volume Down + Bixby buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the screen with a Yellow Triangle Warning sign appears, now leave the buttons and press the Power Button to enter the Download Mode.
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy A8 2018 is connected successfully to the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Yellow on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!”
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the file TWRP_3.2.1-1_sm-a530f.tar which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F . Reset Time options are checked and Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of TWRP on Galaxy A8 2018.
- APASS! message will appear once the installation of TWRP on Galaxy A8 is successful. The device will restart now.
- Disconnect it from the PC and turn it off to boot it in TWRP Recovery mode.
- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Bixby + Power buttons together to boot into the TWRP recovery.
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery 3.2.1 on your Galaxy A8 2018.