Huawei Honor 6X was launched back in October 2016. As soon as it hit the shelves Honor 6X became the market sensation because of its reasonable price tag and excellent hardware it had to offer. Honor 6X has a crisp 5.5″ Full HD Screen and a powerful Non-removable 3340 mAh battery to keep the device up and running for a day. Moreover, it has an Octa-Core processor with 4GB of RAM and a pretty decent 12 MP camera. Honor 6X came with Marshmallow out of the box with the planned upgrade to Nougat 7.0.
Like every other Android Device, Honor 6X come with stock recovery installed. But for users who need something extra, stock recovery is not enough. To install Custom ROMs and flashable zips you need to have a Custom Recovery installed. There are two most popular Custom Recoveries available in the market, TWRP and CWM. Here we will see how to install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X.
How to Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked. Please see our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of TWRP.
- Download one-click install TWRP Recovery.
Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X.
- Extract the downloaded TWRP Recovery zip file and connect your phone to the PC.
- Now run .exe file. It might be in Chinese language but you can easily read the Recovery options.
- From here, click on “Recovery” to initiate the process.
- Once the process is completed, restart your device.
Now you need to Root Huawei Honor 6X. Rooting the device gives you admin access and enables you to play with the core of Android OS. You can install Custom ROMs and make a lot of customizations. Here’s a complete guide which will tell step by step how to root Huawei Honor 6X.
How to Root Huawei Honor 6X
- Download SuperSU Zip file.
- Move the downloaded Zip file to your device.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, Turn Off your device and then boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power key simultaneously.
- You will see TWRP Recovery as earlier you installed TWRP Custom Recovery.
- Tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file which you transferred to the device.
- Swipe right to confirm. This will start the installation process.
- After installation is completed, select Wipe Dalvik/Cache.
That’s it! Your Honor 6X is rooted now.