Huawei Honor 6X, also known as Huawei Mate 9 Lite, was launched back in October 2016. The phone perfectly carried the legacy of its predecessors Honor 4X and Honor 5X. As soon as Huawei Honor 6X hit the shelves it became the market sensation because of its reasonable price tag and excellent hardware it had to offer. Honor 6X has a crisp 5.5″ Full HD Screen and a powerful Non-removable 3340 mAh battery to keep the device up and running for a day. Moreover, it has an Octa-Core processor with 4GB of RAM and a pretty decent 12 MP camera. Honor 6X came with Marshmallow out of the box with the planned upgrade to Nougat 7.0.
This powerful device comes with its bootloader locked. Therefore, it means to load any Custom ROMs or Custom Recoveries you need to unlock bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X. Fortunately, Huawei officially provides the unlock code to unlock bootloader on Honor 6X. Here’s a complete guide on how to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X
- Make sure the ADB, Fastboot and USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X will delete all of your data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
- Your Honor 6X must be running on EMUI 4.1.
- Note down the IMEI number and serial number in Settings > About > Status.
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your phone and note down the Product ID.
Get Unlock Code to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 6X:
- Signup/Login on Huawei’s unlock website.
- Go to Downloads and select Unlock Bootloader.
- Here fill the form using all the information you noted down. (IMEI, Serial Number and Product ID).
- After completing the form click on Commit and then you will see the unlock code. Note it down.
Unlock Bootloader Using ADB
- Now connect your Honor 6X to the PC.
- Open the command prompt and type the following command.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot now and enter into the Bootloader Mode.
- Enter the following command to finally unlock bootloader on Huawei Honor 6X.
- fastboot oem unlock [unlock code]
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked bootloader on your Honor 6X.