Samsung Galaxy A9 was launched in December 2015. It is a very decent mobile phone with Super AMOLED Full HD Display. The device is fired up by a powerful Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 chipset and whopping 3 GB Ram is installed in the device. All in all its a good mid-range phone, though the specs are pretty good but still it doesn’t fulfill the requirements to be categorized as the flagship phone.
Today we will teach you how to root Samsung Galaxy A9 and how to install TWRP on Galaxy A9 using Odin App. Samsung Galaxy A9 runs stock Android recovery image by default which means you are bound to perform only basic tasks which are officially allowed. These stock recoveries limit your access to the core Android system. By rooting and installing a custom recovery on Galaxy A9 you will be able to make endless tweaks to your device without any restriction. If you don’t root and install TWRP on your Galaxy A9 then you will be restricted to only basic official tasks. And no optimization can be done without root and custom recovery.
So, if you are interested in rooting your Galaxy A9 and install TWRP then follow our simple and complete guide below.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Galaxy A9 & Install TWRP Custom Recovery with Odin
- First download above mentioned files on your PC.
- Copy/Paste SuperSU file on internal storage of Galaxy A9.
- Extract the TWRP file to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool to get the Odin file.
- Now switch off your Galaxy A9 to boot into download mode.
- Switch on your Galaxy A9 by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the screen with a Yellow Triangle Warning sign appears, now leave the buttons and press Volume Up button again to enter the Download Mode.
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now connect your phone with computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy A9 is connected successfully with the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Blue on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!” message.
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the file TWRP-Galaxy A9.tar which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F . Reset Time options are checked and Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process of TWRP on Galaxy A9.
- A PASS! message will appear once the installation of TWRP on Galaxy A9 is successful. Galaxy A9 will restart now.
- Disconnect the device from PC and turn it off to boot it in TWRP Recovery mode.
- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together to boot into the TWRP recovery.
- Tap the Install button in TWRP and select the Galaxy A9-SuperSU-v2.46.zip.
- After the installation is complete head over to main recovery menu and reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy A9 and installed TWRP Custom Recovery.