In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to root Lenovo K8 Note and Install TWRP On it. K8 Note was launched back in August 2017 as a flagship device. It comes with Android Nougat 7.1.1 out of the box and the company plans to upgrade it to Android 8.0 Oreo. However, there are no signs of Lenovo K8 Note getting Android Oreo update anytime in near future. Therefore, the power users have to resort to Custom ROMs in order to enjoy the latest OS flavor offered by Google. There are quite a few custom ROMs available for K8 Note which are based on Android 8.0 Oreo. This fact is lucrative enough to lure any power user into rooting Lenovo K8 Note.
Lenovo K8 Note comes with a locked bootloader, therefore, you need to unlock it first in order to root Lenovo K8 Note and install TWRP on it.
- Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo K8 Note.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Lenovo K8 Note USB drivers.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of TWRP.
How to Root Lenovo K8 Note and Install TWRP On It
- Extract the downloaded Fastboot / ADB package anywhere in the Windows.
- Now connect your Lenovo K8 Note with the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP for Lenovo K8 Note from the above link and rename downloaded file to recovery.img. Save the file in the same directory where you extracted Fastboot / ADB package files.
- Next, go to the same directory where you have Fastboot/ADB and recovery.img on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your Lenovo K8 Note will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, simply type in the following command and press enter.
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
TWRP is installed on your Lenovo K8 Note. Now it’s time to root your device.
Root Lenovo K8 Note
- First of all, turn off your device and boot into recovery mode. To do this, press Power and Volume Down at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot into recovery mode and TWRP will be opened on your Lenovo K8 Note.
- Now connect your device to the PC and transfer the SuperSU flashable zip on the storage of your device.
- Once transferred, head back to the main menu of TWRP and tap on Install and select the SuperSU flashable zip.
- Once selected Swipe at the bottom to flash SuperSU.
That’s it! Now you have a rooted Lenovo K8 Note with TWRP installed on it.