The rooted device allows you to perform tasks which you would not be able to perform otherwise. With root access you can flash custom recoveries, install custom ROMs, flash customized kernels etc. After rooting your device you will be able to edit very sensitive system files, therefore, you should only edit files or play with files if you know what you are doing.
For owners of Nokia X, X+ and XL an XDA developer named Angsangley has developed an application Nokia X Manager. This small application allows you to carry out multiple tasks with ease which also includes one-click root procedure. We will teach you How to Root Nokia X, X+ and XL with Nokia X Manager.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Note: If you opt to go further please keep in mind that root will void your warranty.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Nokia USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Nokia X, X+, and XL
- Download and install Nokia X Manager.
- Open Nokia X Manager after the installation is completed.
- After the application is launched, you will see Waiting for device
- Now connect your Nokia X, X+ or XL to your computer using a USB cable.
- After connecting, the message will be changed to Device Connected. This means your device is successfully detected by Nokia X Manager. Moreover, all sorts of buttons will be activated.
- Click on Root Device to initiate root process.
- During the root process, your device will reboot automatically.
- After your device is up again, you will be able to see SuperSU in your app drawer.
- Again Launch Nokia X Manager and click on Install Gapps.
- Now restart your Nokia X, X+ or XL.
That’s it! Your Nokia X, X+, XL is rooted.