In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Unlock Bootloader on Poco F1. Xiaomi Devices still have a long bootloader unlock wait times, but its different with the latest Pocophone F1. You can easily unlock bootloader on Poco F1. If you are willing to flash TWRP Recovery or want to root your Poco F1 then having an unlocked bootloader is the foremost requirement. Without unlocked bootloader it’s not possible to either install TWRP Recovery or root your Poco F1. Which means you can say goodbye to all the awesome custom ROMs and custom Kernels.
Xiaomi has already announced Android 9 Pie update for Xiaomi Poco F1 later this year. But with the help of our guide on how to install Android 9 Pie on Poco F1, you can get your hands on the latest iteration of Android even before its officially released for Poco F1. But again, to install Android 9.0 Pie on Poco F1 you need to install TWRP Recovery on it.
So, to unlock the endless opportunities first let’s unlock bootloader on your Poco F1 phone. The guide is a bit lengthy, therefore, pay attention to every single step. As one wrong execution of the step could brick your phone. Lets’ start with the requirements.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Download and install Xiaomi USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Poco F1
- Download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
- Extract the downloaded Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
- Now enter the extracted folder and run ‘MiFlashUnlock.exe’.
- A Disclaimer will be shown to you. Click on Agree to move forward.
- Next, you will be asked to Log in with your Mi Account. If you don’t have one then Sign UP here.
- After login, you will be greeted with a message that “Your device is not Supported”. Don’t worry! Click the “Go” button and it will take you to the page http://en.miui.com/unlock/.
- Here You will see a blue screen on the page with the text ‘Unlock Your Mi Device’. Click the Unlock Now
- Now, you will be asked to log in again with your Mi Account. Login and fill all the necessary details along with your mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP for verification on your phone.
- Enter the OTP in the browser to complete the verification process.
- Now, wait until your application is approved.
- Once its approved, you will receive another OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Confirm the OTP number on the Unlocking screen.
- Now, Open the Mi Flash Unlock Tool from the extracted folder.
- As soon as you connect your Poco F1 with your PC the Unlock button will become active.
- Simply Click on Unlock and the bootloader on Poco F1 will be unlocked