OnePlus 6T has just hit the market and people are loving it. It’s not a big upgrade over its predecessor OnePlus 6 but still, the added ‘T’ in the model provides a few features which are not part of OnePlus 6. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T. Despite, the upgrades being offered in OnePlus 6T the method to unlock bootloader is pretty much same for both OnePlus 6/6T. The first and most noticeable difference between OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T is the position of the fingerprint scanner. On OnePlus 6 it was positioned at the back of the smartphone, however, in OnePlus 6T the company managed to provide the fingerprint scanner embedded in the screen. That’s one big difference which sets both devices apart.
Other Differences Between OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T
Other than that OnePlus 6T has a bigger 6.41-inch Optic AMOLED display. They got rid of the 3.5mm audio jack in OnePlus 6T. It comes with storage capacity of 128GB, a bigger 3700 mAh battery is installed on it. Further, it comes with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box whereas OnePlus 6 comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. After all, the upgrades provided in OnePlus 6T are worth the price tag.
Now without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T. Because with the locked bootloader you won’t be able to install TWRP recovery or root your OnePlus 6T. Therefore, if you love modifications than it’s necessary to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6T which you just purchased.
Before you jump onto the guide there is some preparation which is needed to be done. Follow the pre-requisites sections carefully so you have all the things in place which are required to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6T.
- A Windows PC is required.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Install OnePlus 6T USB Drivers.
- Your phone should be charged up to 60%, at least.
- Backup all your important data.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode.
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s see how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6T.
How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6T
- Connect your OnePlus 6T to your computer and allow USB Debugging on the phone.
- Now open the command window in the folder where you have setup ADB and Fastboot.
- In the command window type enter the below command.
- adb devices
- The above command will show the list of connected devices followed by a code.
- Now enter the following commands one by one, in the same order as they are listed.
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot devices
- fastboot oem unlock
- Use the Volume Up key for navigation, highlight “Yes” on your phone when it asks for unlocking the bootloader. Use the power button to execute the option.
That’s it! This is how you can unlock bootloader on OnePlus 6T.