Today, we will tell you How to Unlock Nokia 3 Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on it. Nokia came back pretty hard with an awesome variety of mid-range smartphones powered by Android. Nokia was once left behind in the smartphone industry, but the company is catching up pretty fast with the diverse range of smartphones powered by Android. This device, Nokia 3, is powered by a decent Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 with 2 gigs of RAM. A decent 5.0-inch IPS LCD is installed. Nokia 3 comes with 8 MP back camera and 8 MP front camera and 2630 mAh battery. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box, but with TWRP Custom Recovery and Unlocked Bootloader on Nokia 3, you can try all sorts of custom ROMs on it.
TWRP custom recovery is required to install any sort of custom ROM on your Nokia 3. Therefore, in this tutorial, we will tell you how to install TWRP on Nokia 3 and moreover you will also learn how to Unlock Nokia 3 Bootloader. But, before you learn how to Unlock Nokia 3 bootloader, let’s first go through the prerequisites required.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as unlocking bootloader on Nokia 3 will delete all of your data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
How To Unlock Nokia 3 Bootloader
- Connect your Nokia 3 to the PC.
- Next, go to ADB and Fastboot directory and open the command prompt there and type the following command.
- adb reboot recovery
- Your phone will now reboot now and enter into the Recovery mode.
- Navigate to the option that says “Reboot to bootloader” using your volume keys and press the Power button to select it.
- Back to Command Prompt, now run the following command to unlock Nokia 3 bootloader.
- fastboot oem unlock
- Now press the Volume Up button to proceed.
That’s it! You have now successfully unlocked bootloader of Nokia 3.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 3
- Connect your Nokia 3 with the computer via USB Cable.
- Download TWRP IMG and save it in the same directory where you setup Fastboot / ADB.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your Nokia 3 will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Once your phone is in bootloader mode, simply type in the following command and press Enter.
- fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-alpha1-fastboot-marlin.img
That’s it! TWRP recovery is installed on your Nokia 3.
If you face any problem. Please drop us a comment and we would love to help you out.