Yesterday, we shared an article which allows you to update Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Android 7.0 Nougat and today we have an Android tutorial for AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge users. AT&T has just released the official Android 7.0 firmware for Galaxy S7 SM-G930A and its now available for download. The new firmware update comes with the build number of G930AUCU4BQA6 and it updates the firmware to Android 7.0 Nougat. Moreover, the firmware comes along with the latest security patches and some new features like the new multi window feature, improved quick settings and some UI tweaks. Most importantly, the firmware also fixes some major bugs and this new update is highly stable.
The new Android Nougat comes out as an OTA update but right now it’s not available in all regions. So, If you are using an AT&T Galaxy S7 SM-G930A and want to install Android Nougat manually then follow the steps.
Flashing AT&T Galaxy S7 to G930AUCU4BQA6 is a simple process and would hardly take 10-15 minutes to complete. So, if you are ready then let’s update Samsung Galaxy AT&T Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0 Nougat using Odin.
Here are some new changes and performance improvements in Android Nougat for AT&T Galaxy S7 G930AUCU4BQA6 update:
- The user interface has been revamped throughout.
- Performance is much faster now.
- Entirely new quick settings panel.
- New features in the phone and contacts apps.
- Enjoy better battery lifeNew battery management feature for better battery performance. Customizable presets for Medium power and Maximum power saving modes. The App Power Monitor detects inactive apps consuming the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Nougat’s split-screen feature lets you use two apps side by side.
- New effects and filters in the camera app. You can view the filters by swiping the screen from right to left when the camera app is open.
- Browse the web more securely and login websites using your fingerprint using the new Samsung Internet and Samsung Pass apps. You need not remember multiple login credentials for various sites as Samsung Pass securely stores your login details.
- Using the Performance Mode, you can now enjoy a better performance by choosing from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and improve device performance.
- The new keyboard is configured updates language data automatically and provide better predictions.
- You can now choose between QHD and full HD display resolution.
This Android 7.0 update guide is only for AT&T Galaxy S7. Verify your device model by going to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidTutorial.Net will not be held responsible for any damage to your device during or after the update process. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent or higher battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- You need to activate the USB Debugging on your device. You can enable it USB Debugging on Galaxy S7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- You have installed the latest Galaxy S7 USB Drivers.
How to Update AT&T Galaxy S7 SM-G930A to Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step 1: First of all, download the official Android 7.0 Nougat update and Odin 3.12.3 for AT&T Galaxy S7.
Step 2: Now extract the Update file to get the tar.md5 file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Once you got it. Turn Off your device to go into the Download Mode.
Step 4: Now connect your device to PC via the USB cable.
Step 5: Now, turn ON the device by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key simultaneously and wait till you see the Android and a triangle. Now press the Power button again to enter into the Download Mode.
Step 6: Extract the Odin files in a folder and launch the Odin tool. Make sure your phone is in Download Mode.
Step 7: Once connected, you will see one of the ID:COM boxes will turn Yellow with the COM port number.
Step 8: Now select the firmware files tar.md5 file that you want to flash on Galaxy S6 Edge+.
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore the step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ file and select the .pit file. Ignore the step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in its name. Ignore the step if there is no such file.
Step 9: Once selected, Make sure the ‘Auto Reboot’ and “F. Reset Time’ options are checked and the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
Step 10: Now you are ready to go. Click on Start button to initiate the flashing process. This process will require some minutes to complete.
Step 11: Once completed, the Galaxy S7 will restart. Once back online you have the latest Android 7.0 installed and running.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 7.0 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S7 SM-G930A. If you have any questions or stuck at any point do let us know in the comments.