Now you can update your Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro to Android 8.1 Oreo. Galaxy C9 Pro was released back in October 2016, it was ought to get the update until Android 7.1.1 Nougat. However, the phone packs in some really good hardware, therefore, it’s totally capable of running the latest offering of Google, Android 8.1 Oreo. The Korean tech giant is not going to released Android 8.1 Oreo officially for Galaxy C9 Pro. But you can still enjoy the latest firmware via Lineage OS 15.1 which is actually based on Android 8.1 Oreo. By installing this custom ROM on Galaxy C9 Pro, you will be able to enjoy all the official features of Android 8.1 Oreo along with many aftermarket awesome features developed by Lineage. The Custom ROM is pretty fast and stable. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about your Galaxy C9 Pro getting slower.
By following our guide on How to Update Galaxy C9 Pro to Android 8.1 Oreo via Lineage OS Custom ROM, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Oreo flavor on Galaxy C9 Pro. This is not an official update by Samsung and just a custom ROM. Therefore, in order to install it, your device must be rooted and CWM must be installed on it.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Galaxy C9 Pro USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Update Galaxy C9 Pro to Android 8.1 Oreo via Lineage OS Custom ROM
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Android 8.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM and GAPPS for Galaxy C9 Pro.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 8.1 Linage OS 15.1 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 8.1 Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully updated your Galaxy C9 Pro to Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM.