Google is known for releasing fast updates for its devices. Google Pixel and Pixel XL, previously known as Nexus, has started receiving updated Android 7.1.2 Nougat with Build ID N2G47O. Now you can download and update your Google Pixel and Pixel XL with the latest factory image of Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat. This is an incremental update and comes with a lot of bug fixes and new improvements. N2G47O update comes with the latest May Security patch. Therefore, it’s always good to keep your device updated with the latest software. In this tutorial, we will tell you How to Update Google Pixel and Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat. This latest Android 7.1.2 N2G7O Nougat update for Pixel and Pixel XL is available via OTA, it means in some places it will be available sooner than other. So, by following our guide you can update Google Pixel and Pixel manually to Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat and don’t have to wait for OTA update.
Note: This guide is only meant for updating Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat. Please don’t try this on any other variant.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Google Pixel and Pixel XL USB drivers on your Windows PC.
- ADB/Fastboot binaries must setup on your PC properly.
- The stock Marshmallow OS version should be installed on Pixel and Pixel XL.
- The bootloader on Pixel and Pixel XL must be unlocked.
- Download Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Factory Image for Google Pixel
- Download Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Factory Image for Google Pixel XL
How to Update Google Pixel and Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat
- Download factory image of Android 7.1.2 N2G47O for Google Pixel and Pixel XL on your PC.
- Now power off your device and boot in bootloader mode. To do so, Turn on the device while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys at the same time until the Fastboot menu appears.
- Extract the Factory image file on your PC. Then copy/paste the firmware extracted files to the fastboot directory.
- Now hold the shift key and press right click anywhere in Fastboot directory. Click on “Open command window here” from the menu. And in the command prompt run the following command.
- The flashing process of stock factory image of Android 7.1.2 Nougat will start now on your Pixel and Pixel XL. Let the installation finish.
- Once the installation is complete, your device will boot. The first boot could take 4 to 5 mins. So, be patient.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Google Pixel and Pixel XL on Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat.