As soon as you update your Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat your root status will be gone. It means you cannot run any of your favorite root applications. Despite this, we always recommend to keep your Android phone updated and we will suggest that you update your Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47O. Since in this guide, we will tell you how to Root Google Pixel XL running on the latest Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat. This newest firmware from Google is an incremental update and is bringing a lot of bugfixes and improvements. After the update, you can follow our simple guide to root your Google Pixel XL which is now running on Android 7.1.2 N2G47O.
Google Pixel devices are known to have pure Android experience without any bloatware which is stuffed deep into OS by other manufacturers. Still, it comes with factory restrictions which users doesn’t like. Therefore, rooting an Android Device is very important to some people. By following our simple and complete guide you will be able to Root Google Pixel XL running on the latest Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat.
Things to Remember Before You Proceed:
- This root method is only for Google Pixel XL running on Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat.
- Your Google Pixel XL Bootloader must be unlocked.
- Pixel XL must be running on latest Android 7.1.2 N2G47O
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Google Pixel XL USB Drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Android SDK
- Download Fastboot from below link depending on your OS
- Download SuperSU v2.78 SR5 for Pixel
- Download TWRP Pixel Installer
- Download TWRP IMG File
How to Root Google Pixel XL on Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat – Complete Guide
Step1: – Download Android SDK and install in on your PC.
Step2: – Download Fastboot from above-mentioned links according to your OS. After downloading extract it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
Step3: – Now connect your Google Pixel XL with your PC using a USB Cable.
Step4: – Copy/Paste SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip file on the root of your SD-Card/Internal Storage.
Step5: – Now Copy/Paste twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip file on root your SD Card/Internal Storage.
Step6: – Now turn off your Google Pixel XL.
Step7: – It’s time to boot your Pixel XL in Fastboot mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down + Power Buttons Until you see some text on the screen.
Step8: – Now go to the directory android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and in the same Windows Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
Step9: – In command prompt type in the following command and hit enter.
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img
Step10: – Once you enter the command your Google Pixel XL will boot into TWRP. Now use the Install option to flash twrp-pixel-installer-marlin-3.0.2-0-RC1.zip.
Step11: – Now flash the SuperSU zip package with the same Install option.
Step12: – After you are done with flashing zip packages, head back to the main recovery menu and reboot your device. The first boot will take up to 5 minutes.
That’s it! Your Google Pixel XL on Android 7.1.2 N2G47O Nougat is root successfully. To verify the root install a simple application Root Checker.