Updating a rooted Android Device is always tricky, to update rooted Android Device first you need to find an appropriate firmware for your variant, installing USB Drivers, and then side loading it with Odin. Despite all these complications users still update their mobiles, sometimes it turns out easy but sometimes it becomes a headache. However, with the launch of Galaxy S6 Samsung developed a software Smart Switch for Windows and Mac. In this tutorial, we tell you How to use Smart switch to update your device.
Smart Switch allows you to backup, restore, and update your device in a few simple clicks. There is one small drawback in using Smart Switch to update your device, you will lose the root status of your device. Therefore, if root status is essential for you then before updating your device with Smart Switch make sure that root is available for the firmware you are going to update your device to.
- Download and install Android USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Connect your device to the computer via USB Cable.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to use Smart Switch to Update Your Device:
- First of all download Smart Switch for Windows. Once downloaded, double click the Exe file to launch the installer.
- After the Smart Switch installer is launched, follow the on-screen prompt windows to get over with the installation process of Smart Switch.
- Once the installation is completed, Smart Switch will automatically detect your device and download all the USB drivers automatically.
- Click on the Backup button to create the backup of your existing firmware, data, and apps.
- Now if the firmware update is available for your device, the Smart Switch will show the “Update” button right below the name of your Device. Click the “Update” button right away.
- In the next prompt, you will be asked to confirm your choice. Click on “Update” again and then click OK. Now you the update process will be initiated by Smart Switch.
- Once the update process is completed, your device will be restarted. The first boot might take 5 to 10 minutes.
That’s it! This is How to use Smart switch to update your device.