Despite offering so much at a good price range, Xiaomi, somehow manage to deprive the users of the ability to change the DPI on Xiaomi Phones Running MIUI 9. Changing the DPI on your Android phone or tablet is one of the most important modifications one could make. This modification is so common among users that Google has added the option to change the DPI with a sliding bar. A “minimum width” option in Android’s Developer Options menu that lets you set it exactly how you like. However, this option is removed in MIUI 9 overlay. The modification is the beauty of Android, despite this option being taken down by Xiaomi, an XDA Substratum Development Leader nicholaschum has managed to add this ability back to Xiaomi phones running on MIUI 9. With this simple method, you can change the DPI on Xiaomi phones running MIUI 9.
It’s worth mentioning here that once you change the DPI, the smartphone will retain the density even after the reboot. So, you don’t need to run the command via ADB every time you reboot your phone. And you can also use different MIUI themes without any problem.
So, if you want to change the DPI on Xiaomi Phones running MIUI 9 then proceed further and change DPI without root on your Xiaomi phone running MIUI 9.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap MIUI version number 6 to 7 times.
How to Change the DPI on Xiaomi Phones Running MIUI 9
There is an additional step if you are not located in Hong Kong or a China-based region. We will highlight that step in the guide.
- Turn off Wi-Fi, turn on mobile data and ensure that your device is linked to a Mi Account.
- Connect your Xiaomi smartphone to a computer via USB cable.
- Go to the directory where you have Fastboot and ADB on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- In command prompt type in the following commands one by one.
- adb shell
- wm density 380
- That’s it! Your DPI is set to 380. You can make it smaller as well as per your liking. To reset the DPI type in the following commands one by one in command prompt.
- adb shell
- wm density reset
- If you are not in Hong Kong or a China based region, then all you have to is to install a VPN app from Google Play Store and connect to Hong Kong or China server. Rest of the procedure will remain same.
That’s how you change the DPI on Xiaomi phone running MIUI 9.