Huawei P20 EML-L29 Firmware Update is now available for download. This firmware update will bring the November 2018 security patch to your Huawei P20. The B132 Android 8.1 Oreo update for Huawei P20 EML-L29 variant will bring a lot of improvements in the overall performance of the device. The size of this update is in the neighbourhood of 300MB. It’s not a big update as it just brings the November 2018 security patch to the device. No other major changes are included. Anyhow, we still recommend you to update your Huawei P20 EML-L29 Variant to the latest B132 Android 8.1 Oreo Update for these security patches are released for one reason — and that’s to keep the security of the device up to date.
If you haven’t received the update via OTA updates then don’t worry. Follow our guide to manually install B132 Android 8.1 Oreo official update on your Huawei P20 EML-L29 variant. Before, you go on and install the update, first let me show the official firmware details.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P20
- Model No: EML-L09 / EML-L29
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.1
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Huawei P20 EML-L29 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
Download November 2018 Security Patch for Huawei P20 EML-L29
- EML-L29C635B154 (184.108.40.206)– Japan
- EML-L29C432B168 (220.127.116.11) – Europe
How to Install Official Firmware Update on Huawei P20 EML-L29
- Download the Update.zip File and extract it.
- Now transfer the entire dload folder (with UPDATE.APP) to the root folder of the Micro SD card.
- Open the dialer and call ->enter: *#*#2846579#*#* ->ProjectMenu->Software Upgrade->SDCard Upgrade->OK on your device.
- Select the Update.app that you have already transferred to the root folder of your Micro SD Card.
- You will see a screen which shows the installation process. Wait for the installation process to complete.
- After completion, your device will restart automatically.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Android 8.1 Oreo official update on your Huawei P20 EML-L29.