Xiaomi is considered to be a brand with a wide array of budget smartphones. The company which was unknown a few years ago is now the favorite one of millions of users all around the world. Another reason for which millions of people love this company is that they listen to their users. Many of us love to use the Xiaomi handset but doesn’t like MIUI. And to get rid off of MIUI and install stock Android you need to install a custom ROM. To install a custom ROM you need to root your device, and to root your device you need to have an Unlocked Bootloader. Xiaomi devices come with a locked bootloader, therefore, in order to install a custom ROM or flash third-party packages, you need an unlocked bootloader. With an unlocked bootloader, you can install a custom recovery and then eventually root the device.
Mi Flash Tool is a one-click easy to use software which unlocks the bootloader on your device. This flash utility works with all the Xiaomi devices. Therefore, if you are an Android enthusiast and want to unlock the true potential of the device this utility is a must-have on your Xiaomi Device. Anyhow, before you proceed any further it’s important for you to consider some important things which are mentioned below.
Things of Great Importance
- Mi Flash Tool is exclusively for Xiaomi device. Don’t try it with any other device.
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your entire data. Please take a backup before proceeding.
- Unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty. So, if you are not comfortable with that, quit the guide right now.
- Charge your device to 60% to avoid shutdowns. A shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
Now that we have told you about the things to consider before you make an attempt to unlock the bootloader. It’s time for the Mi Flash Tool download link and then we will give you a step by step guide on how to unlock bootloader on any Xiaomi Device.
How to Unlock Bootloader on any Xiaomi Device
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool and extract the files.
- Run Miflashfile.exe from the extracted files to install the tool on your PC.
- Now login to your Mi account. If you don’t have one already, signup here.
- After logging in, the software will detect and verify your device and provide you with a message “You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device.”
- Press the Go button and you will immediately be redirected to the MIUI unlock page. Login here and fill in all the required details.
- Enter the OTP received on your phone and confirm your application process.
- The unlock permission is usually granted within days of submitting the application. You will be notified by SMS once your application is approved and the permission is granted.
- Once you receive the SMS, open the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and you will see that now you have the permission to unlock bootloader on your Xiaomi device.
- Simply Press Unlock and the bootloader on your Xiaomi device will be unlocked.