Huawei P9 Lite is a popular Android smartphone which was launched in April 2016. This device comes with a large touch screen of 5.2 inch with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and is powered by a powerful 1.7 GHz octa-core Kirin processor and 3 GB of RAM. Moreover, the phone has an internal storage of 16GB that can be expanded up to 128GB through Micro SD card.
As far as multimedia features are concerned, the Huawei P9 Lite comes with a 13 MP rear and the front camera of 8 MP for capturing ultimate selfies. The device is quite slim and beautiful and comes with all the amazing features. Unfortunately, Huawei P9 Lite doesn’t come with Huawei OTG feature officially but there is a way to enable Huawei OTG support on P9 Lite. Some third party Android developers have found a way to enable OTG on Huawei P9 Lite and the success rate of this method is 100%. We at Android Tutorial have tested this feature and it worked perfectly.
So, if you are interested and want to enable OTG on Huawei P9 Lite then follow the steps.
How to Enable OTG Support on Huawei P9 Lite:
Before proceeding make sure your device is fully rooted and have a file explorer installed. We recommend that you either have ES file manager or Root Explorer installed.
Steps to Enable OTG on Huawei P9 Lite:
- Extract the OTG Enabler package on your PC.
- Now connect your Phone to PC and copy the extracted files in your phone storage or in SD card.
- Once placed, Open Root Explorer and move OTG Folder to SYSTEM.
- Now set the permission of OTG folder to ‘755‘.
- Now install the Script Runner APK on your Phone.
- Once installed, open the script runner APK and follow the instructions.
- That’s it. You have successfully enabled OTG support on your Huawei P9 Lite.
If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.