Xiaomi is a Chinese Mobile Manufacturer which produce top-notch smartphones at an affordable price. One such smartphone is Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus which was launched in December 2017. Redmi 5 Plus comes with a big and vivid 5.99-inch IPS LCD display. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset and comes with 64GB Internal Storage + 4GB RAM configuration. On the software end, it comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with MIUI 9 atop. The software on Redmi 5 Plus is quite stable and doesn’t create any problems. However, still, you might need to Hard Reset Redmi 5 Plus due to some software problem. A hard reset can also help you when you have forgotten the pattern, Pin, and password or fix any problems which are related to Android system. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how to Hard Reset Redmi 5 Plus.
A Hard Reset or also known as Factory Reset erases all the data of the device. It’s an official option which is provided by all OEMs, but before performing it you should sure that you have backed up all the important data on your device. You can also Hard Reset Redmi 5 Plus to boost the overall performance of the device.
There are two methods through which you can Hard Reset Redmi 5 Plus. We will see both the methods one by one, you can choose any method to Factory/Hard Reset your Redmi 5 Plus.
How to Factory/Hard Reset Redmi 5 Plus
- Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
- Next, you need to reboot your Redmi 5 Plus into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons for a few moments. When the Mi logo appears release the Power Button but hold the Volume Up Button until you enter the Recovery Mode Menu.
- In the recovery mode use Volume Rocker Buttons to scroll up and down. And use the Power Button to make the selection.
- From the options choose ‘wipe data factory reset’ and confirm.
- When the wipe data factory reset is performed, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- Turn ON your Redmi 5 Plus.
- Go to Settings >> Additional Settings >> Backup & Reset.
- Here Click on ‘Factory Data Reset’. Choose ‘Reset Phone’ when prompted.
- Your Device will reboot automatically once Factory/Hard Reset is done.
That’s it! This is how you Factory/Hard Reset Redmi 5 Plus.