Nexus 6P is a beautiful smartphone released by Huawei back in September 2015. It works really good and fast unless you ram into the BLOD (Boot loop of death). In boot loop of death, your device stuck in boot loop and never boot up. Many people think Nexus 6P stuck in BLOD because of the Android 7.1.1 Nougat. But we cannot be sure about it since users running Nexus 6P on Marshmallow has suffered the same fate. Anyhow, whether you are running Nougat or Marshmallow or any other custom ROM, today we will tell you how to fix bootloop on Nexus 6P. This method to fix bootloop on Nexus 6P will reduce the performance of your device but on the other hand, it will fix the bootloop issue and make your device usable.
This method to fix bootloop on Nexus 6P is to be used as last resort, when all other methods e.g, factory reset, flash stock firmware, etc didn’t work. We will provide you different boot images, developed by an XDA member XCnathan32, which will disable some CPU cores to fix bootloop issue on Nexus 6P. So, if you are stuck in BLOD and want to fix it then follow our step by step guide below to fix the issue of bootloop on Nexus 6P.
- Install ADB and Fastboot System Wide in Windows
- Download and Install Nexus 6P USB drivers on PC
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings > About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable OEM Unlocking by going to Settings > Developer Options
- The modified files of your choice. You can download them from “Downloads” section.
- Boot.img from stock 48B, 7.1.2 firmware (This Image is modified to use only 4 cores)
- TWRP version 3.1.1 (This TWRP image is modified to use only 4 cores)
- Elemental X kernel version 4.11, universal zip (This zip is EX kernel, modified to use only 4 cores)
- PA boot.img from PA version 7.2.1 (This Image is modified to use only 4 cores)
- Pure Nexus boot.img from Pure Nexus (This Image is modified to use only 4 cores)
- Original stock boot.img (This without core utilization fix, only use if all the above fails)
How to Fix Bootloop on Nexus 6P
- First of all, download all the above files and place them in a folder easily accessible.
- Now boot your Nexus 6P into bootloader mode.
- Power Off the Nexus 6P.
- Once the Device is Off Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Button at the Same Time.
- Continue Holding These Two Buttons Until you See the Special Fastboot Mode Screen.
- Connect your device to the computer.
- Now go to the folder where you placed all the downloaded modified files. Then hold shift and right click in a blank space, and then click on “open command prompt here” from the menu that pops up.
- In the command prompt type “fastboot flash boot [name of the file here]” and then press Enter. If you are flashing the TWRP then type “recovery” instead of “boot” in command.
- After flashing is done. Boot up your phone and it should work fine.
You can flash Elemental X kernel version 4.11 via TWRP.
To further increase the performance of Nexus 6P after bootloop fix, you can reduce the screen resolution to 1080p and disable the animations. This will increase the performance of your Nexus 6P.
If you have any confusion, please do let us know in the comments section.