Huawei P9 Lite gets an update from Lineage OS, now you can install Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 on P9 Lite. A lot of custom ROMs are now coming for Huawei P9 Lite but Lineage OS is definitely one of the best. The Custom ROMs provided by Lineage OS are extremely fast and free of any type of bloatware, so you will save very precious memory which is otherwise occupied by un-necessary bloatware.
By installing this custom ROM on Huawei P9 Lite, you will be able to enjoy all the official features of Android 7.1.2 Nougat along with many aftermarket awesome features developed by Lineage. We must mention here that ROM is not 100% stable yet, it has some issues like the camera and dual SIM. It’s not like that camera doesn’t work at all, but it can create some problem with some specific apps. Other than that, the Custom ROM is just fine and you should immediately try it out on your Huawei P9 Lite.
By following our guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Huawei P9 Lite, you will be able to enjoy the latest Android Nougat flavor on P9 Lite. This is not an official update by Huawei and just a custom ROM. Therefore, in order to install it, your device must be rooted and CWM must be installed on it.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Huawei P9 Lite USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Huawei P9 Lite
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for P9 Lite on your computer.
- Connect your P9 Lite with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Button together.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on your Huawei P9 Lite.