If you have ever used an app in immersive mode then you must know that how irritating Status Bar and Navigation Bar can become. As we already got an idea in 2017 that in 2018 taller aspect ratio on Flagship devices is inevitable. The Korean giant released its first 18:9 aspect ratio devices in shape of Galaxy S8/S8+. Where the taller aspect ratio made for an impressive display area it also forced Samsung to strip the physical buttons from the front of Galaxy S8/S8+. As a result, Samsung had to incorporate navigation bar on the screen. And this is where the problem starts, although, the navigation bar is transparent on the home-screen it still looks awkward when you use certain apps. Same goes with Status Bar, it stands out as an odd black bar at the top. We will tell you How to Force Permanent Immersive Mode on Galaxy S9/S9+.
You can force permanent immersive mode on Galaxy S9/S9+ with the use of a single ADB command. The best part is that no root is required, therefore, you won’t lose your warranty by applying our guide.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide which will enable you to Force permanent immersive mode on Galaxy S9/S9+.
- Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Build Number, here tap on Build Number 7 to 8 times to enable Developer Options. Once enabled, go to Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- To run the ADB commands, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Install latest Galaxy S9/S9+ USB drivers for your device on your PC.
How to Force Permanent Immersive Mode on Galaxy S9/S9+
- Connect your Android Device to the PC via USB Cable.
- Go to the platform-tools directory, within the directory press Shift key + right mouse-click and click on “Open command window here”.
- Now use the below ADB commands to enable Immersive mode for all Android Apps.
- Command If you only want to hide the Status bar
- adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
- If you only want to hide the Navigation bar use below command.
- adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*
- Command If you want to hide both Status and Navigation bars.
- adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*
- And shall you decide to revert, use below command.
- adb shell settings put global policy_control null*
That’s it! Immersive Mode is permanently enabled on your Galaxy S9/S9+.