In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to install Android P Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. The Chinese manufacturer has officially released Android P Beta for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. This is the first Android P Beta release for any non-pixel device. Mi Mix 2S is not the only device to get official Android P Beta update, there are other mobile manufacturers as well who have released official Android P beta update. Anyhow, this guide is specifically for Mi Mix 2S and shouldn’t be tried on any other device. By installing this latest official Android P Beta update, you can enjoy all the latest and greatest features being offered in Android P DP2.
The Android P Beta update comes with many new features like Apple iPhone X like gestures, adaptive battery, adaptive brightness, slices, and much more. You should download and install official Android P Beta update on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S to check all the new features. This is an official release, therefore, you don’t need any Custom Recovery of Root access. The procedure is straight as an arrow, but still, we recommend that you take a full backup of your data before proceeding any further. Because Android Tutorial won’t be responsible should you accidentally delete your data.
If you are ready to mingle with the latest iteration of Android then take a breath and start following our guide on how to install Android P Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent or higher battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- You need to activate the USB Debugging on your device. You can enable it USB Debugging on Mi Mix 2S by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Install the latest Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S USB Drivers.
- Bootloader on Mi Mix 2S must be unlocked.
How to Install Android P Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- First of all, download the Android P Beta for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S from the link given above.
- Once downloaded, extract the *.tgz file to a location which you could access later easily.
- Now turn off your Mi Mix 2S and boot it into Fastboot Mode. To do so, hold the Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to enter fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB Cable.
- Now run Mi Flash Tool on your PC. Click on the refresh button just to make sure that your device is connected properly.
- Next, click on the ‘select’ button and choose the location of the extracted fastboot image.
- Select “save user data” from the bottom of the window. After that, click on the flash button to install Android P Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S will now reboot into Android P DP2. Mind it, it’s just a developer preview so might find some bugs and broken features. We are very soon going to see Developer Preview 3 of Android P.