Previously, Android P Developer Preview as only available for Google Pixel Devices. However, recently, it has been released for Moto Z. All thanks to the XDA Recognized developer erfanoabdi, who modified the system image from the Google Pixel XL and made an unofficial port of Android P for the Motorola Moto Z. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z. Motorola Moto Z has planned upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo, but thanks to this awesome developer, you can easily install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z.
This Android P Developer Preview is quite a stable port and can be easily used as a daily driver. There are some minor bugs still present in the port, but overall it has all the functions intact. To install this Android P Port, your device must be rooted and TWRP Custom Recovery Must be installed as well. This is an initial build of Android P, therefore, it’s quite possible that you find some features missing. Anyhow, there is a lot which is being offered in this Android P Developer Preview Port for Moto Z. Therefore, without wasting any time, download and Install Android P Developer Preview On Moto Z.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Moto Z USB Drivers on your Windows PC and MAC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z
- First of all, download Android P Developer Preview and GApps zip files on your desktop PC.
- Now connect your Moto Z to the computer and transfer the downloaded zip files to the root of your phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the Device and turn it off.
- Now boot it into TWRP (Recovery Mode) by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys at the same time. Once the TWRP logo appears, you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- Go to the Main Menu of TWRP Recovery and tap on Install
- Locate the ROM .zip file that you have already transferred to the internal storage of your phone earlier.
- Select it and proceed with the installation by swiping the confirmation button to install the ROM.
- Repeat the above steps to install the GApps.
- Reboot your device now.
That’s it! This is how you can install Android P Developer Preview on Moto Z.