The latest Android Q is now finally available for download for the owners of the original Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones. It means that if you own an old Pixel smartphone you can still install the latest Android Q firmware on it. As the available build is currently a beta build, you can still install it manually and not through an OTA update.
Google has already announced that it made some big changes in Android Q regarding the user privacy and permission. Also added some new and exciting features in Android Q. Plus, Google is planning to release 6 beta releases before making releasing a complete public build. So, if you are interested and want to download and install the latest Android Q on Google Pixel and Pixel XL devices then follow the steps.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Google Pixel and Pixel XL USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
Download Android Q Beta 1 for Google Pixel and Pixel XL devices:
Android Q is now available for all Pixel and Pixel XL devices. You can easily install it on Google Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. Here are some of new features of the Android Q:
- Users will have more control over location / GPS
- Improved privacy protections in Android Q
- Support for foldable and innovative new screens
- Sharing Shortcuts, Settings Panels and a lot more!
How to install Android Q Beta 1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL devices:
Step 1: Firstly, download Android Q Beta 1 factory image for Pixel and Pixel XL from here,.
- sailfish-qpp1.190205.018.b4-factory-456f3345.zip – Google Pixel
- marlin-qpp1.190205.018.b4-factory-7e938da2.zip – Google Pixel XL
Step 2: Now connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3:Make sure Fastboot is properly configured and installed on your phone.
Step 4: Now turn off your phone.
Step 5: Now, go into the fast boot mode on your phone. You can access the Fastboot by turning ON your phone while pressing Volume UP + Volume Down + Power buttons altogether till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
Step 6: Now extract the downloaded file and place it anywhere on your computer. Go to the folder saifish-Beta 1 and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
Step 7: Now run these commands:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
Step 8: Once done, the installation process will start. Once completed, you have successfully installed Android Q on Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones. After install, the first boot might take 5 minutes. So, Don’t Panic!
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android Q Beta 1 on Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones. If you have any questions or stuck at any point do let us know in the comments.