In this Android Tutorial, I am going to tell you How to Run YouTube App on Oppo A37 running Android Lollipop 5.1. YouTube is an app which is literally part of every modern day smartphone. Recently, I faced a very serious issue with YouTube App on my Oppo A37 running Android Lollipop 5.1. I launched the YouTube app and a message splashed on my screen saying that I need to upgrade the app. Upon clicking on the Install button it took me to the Google Play Store and there I was welcomed with the message that “Your device is not compatible with this version of the App”. It means that I won’t be able to use the updated version of the YouTube app on my Oppo A37 anymore. And without updating the YouTube App, you cannot use it as it will always show the screen where it asks to update the app.
Anyhow, after some digging I have found a workaround to fix this issue. There are some simple steps which you need to follow in order to access the YouTube app on your Oppo A37 running Android Lollipop 5.1. I must tell you here that, this guide won’t install the latest YouTube version on your Oppo A37. However, it would definitely allow you to keep on using the old version without forcing you to update the app. Follow the below steps carefully and you will be able to run YouTube App again on your Oppo A37 running Android Lollipop 5.1.
How to Run YouTube App on Oppo A37 running Android Lollipop 5.1
- Open Settings on your Oppo A37.
- Scroll down and tap on Additional Settings.
- In Additional Settings go to Application Management.
- Here you will see three options on the top Running, Installed, and All. Tap on All and the list of all the apps installed on your device will open.
- Now scroll down and locate Google Play Store. Tap on it and then Tap on Clear Data.
- Now Go back and click on Google Services Framework. Again tap on Clear Data.
- In the last, go back and open Google Play Services and then Tap on Manage Space. Here click on Clear All data
- We are done at this point, go back to the app drawer and launch the YouTube app. It should work now.
This method should work on Oppo A37, A37F, A37FW.