Google Pixel devices might not be as famous as Samsung but still, they get pretty good third party developer support. Which means users with unlocked Google Pixel Devices have a lot of opportunities to play with the system, try out new custom ROMs, install modified packages etc. However, while doing all aforementioned you can mess up your device and would want to Restore your Google Pixel Device to Stock Firmware. Therefore, we have decided to write this guide in which we are going to tell you how to restore Google Pixel Devices to Stock Firmware and Lock the Bootloader. So, if you have messed up your device, fret not, we have got you covered. Just follow the instructions carefully and within no time your Google Pixel Device will be back up with Stock Firmware. After that lock the bootloader and you are done.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Google Pixel USB Drivers for Windows PC or Mac.
- Backup all important data.
- SDK Platform-Tools – Extract the downloaded archive and you should get a folder named platform-tools.
- Official factory images from Google developer website
How To Restore Google Pixel Devices To Stock Firmware
- Download Official factory image for your device from the link given in downloads section.
- Extract the zip file and you will get another zip file and some image files.
- Move all the files in the extracted folder now into the previously extracted platform-tools folder.
- Now turn off your Pixel Device and boot it into bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Connect your device to the PC while it’s still in bootloader mode.
- Launch the ADB interface by launching a command prompt or terminal window inside the platform-tools
- Now simply execute the following command: flash-all.bat
- This will start the process, and you may see your device reboot multiple times.
That’s it! This is how to restore Google Pixel Devices to Stock Firmware.
At this time your bootloader must be unlocked. I think it’s better to lock it down for some time while you enjoy the stock firmware. Below are the steps to lock the bootloader on your Google Pixel Device.
How to Lock the Bootloader
- Boot your device into Bootloader mode.
- Connect the device to your PC.
- Execute the following command in a command prompt or terminal window opened inside the platform-tools folder: fastboot flashing lock
- Select Yes when prompted.