Lenovo has been very kind lately to release updates for its devices. Earlier, we posted about How to update Lenovo K6 Note to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware. Now, Lenovo has also released Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update for Moto Z, the first modular smartphone by Motorola. The new update includes Google Duo video calling app and Android Security updates for July. It also changes the firmware version of the smartphone to NPL26.118-20. The update is currently being rolled out in Hong Kong and Indonesia via OTA and soon the update will be available in other parts of the world. Since the update is rolled out via OTA, all the users are not going to get the update at one time. But you don’t have to worry, we will tell how to manually update your Moto Z to Android 7.1.1 Nougat official firmware.
No need to wait for an OTA update, we will get you through the installation process and within no time you will be enjoying Android 7.1.1 Nougat Official firmware on your Moto Z.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Moto Z USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Nougat 26.51.19 OTA for Moto Z – Download (Blur_Version.26.51.19.griffin.retail.en.US.zip)
- Download Nougat 26.51.19 OTA file for Moto Z – Download
How to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat Official Update On Moto Z
- Download Nougat OTA Zip for Moto Z from the above-given link.
- Now boot your Moto Z into recovery mode. To do so, first, you will have to boot your Moto Z in download mode by using Power + Volume Down button. Now you will see “No Command”. Here hold Power + Volume Up and select the recovery option.
- Now in Recovery select option apply update from sdcard.
- Now select the OTA zip file you downloaded from above.
- This will initiate the installation process. Wait for the installation to finish. Once finished, simply reboot your Moto Z.
That’s it! You’re now updated to Android 7.1.1 Nougat official firmware.