Honor 9 Pro users have started receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update. Android 8.0 Oreo is based on latest Emotion UI 8.0. This OS update comes with version numbers STF-AL10C00B338, STF-AL00C00B338, and STF-TL10C00B338 (188.8.131.528) on Honor 9 variant in China region. You can now enjoy all the latest and greatest features on Android 8.0 Oreo on your Honor 9. Click here if you want to know everything about Android 8.0 Oreo. In this tutorial, we will tell you How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo B338 update on Huawei Honor 9.
Apart from getting the version bump on your device, the most important thing is the latest security patch. This update comes with latest February 2018 Security Patch thus will improve the overall system security of your device. Huawei has released this update via OTA (Over the Air) which means all the users are not going to get the update at the same time. So, if want to manually update your Huawei Honor 9 to Android 8.0 Oreo B338 then you are in the right place. Because by following our step by step guide, you will be able to install Android 8.0 Oreo B338 Update on your Huawei Honor 9.
Before proceeding please take note that your Huawei Honor 9 should have the stock unrooted firmware installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Huawei Honor 9 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Oreo Update for STF-AL10C00B338 – 184.108.40.2068 Honor 9
- Download Oreo Update for STF-TL10C00B338 – 220.127.116.118 Honor 9
- Download Oreo Update for STF-AL00C00B338 – 18.104.22.1688 Honor 9
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo B338 update on Huawei Honor 9
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo B338 Official Update For Huawei Honor 9 from the above links.
- Now create a new folder on the root of internal storage of your device. Name the folder to “dload”.
- Transfer the Update.app file to dload folder.
- Now it’s time to open Settings on your device and head towards the update option. Press the menu key and choose Local Update.
- You will see the update file, just tap on it to initiate the update process.
- Once the update process is finished, the device will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Now you know How To Update Huawei Honor 9 to B338 Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware.