Today we will tell you How to Install Android Oreo Beta 3 on Samsung Galaxy S8+ G955F. Those who successfully got enrolled in Samsung’s Beta program will receive Android Oreo Beta 3 update over the air. But such is not the case for the people who failed to enroll, but don’t worry we have got you covered. By following our guide you will be able to install Android Oreo Beta 3 on Samsung Galaxy S8 G955F. This is actually a small workaround, in this method, we will use a TWRP backup of the Oreo beta 3 ROM from a Samsung Galaxy S8+ which has received the update. By now you must have got the idea of how we are going to do it. Yes, you guessed it right! We will download TWRP backup of the Oreo Beta 3 ROM and restore it on your device.
There are no new features introduced in Android Oreo Beta 3, it more about fixing the prevailing bugs from Oreo Beta 2 update. However, the update includes November security patch so we are going to update anyway.
- Unlocked Bootloader (Samsung devices comes with Unlocked bootloader)
- TWRP Custom Recovery
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ G955F (Exynos Variant)
How to Install Android Oreo Beta 3 on Samsung Galaxy S8+ G955F
- Download the zip files on a computer from above and extract ZQKG TWRP Backup files.zip to a folder named whatever you like.
- Now boot your Galaxy S8+ into recovery mode.
- Once you are in TWRP, Tap on “Backup” from TWRP Menu, then select all the partitions, swipe at the bottom to create a backup. The backup will be created in TWRP folder in your internal storage.
- Now connect your Galaxy S8+ to the computer while it’s in TWRP recovery and transfer the extracted folder from ZQKG TWRP Backup files.zip to the folder containing your backup.
- All transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device. You can keep this file in any folder on your internal storage.
- Go back to TWRP main menu and Tap on “Restore”. Here you will see two backups – one which you created and the other which you transferred. Make sure to select the one you transferred.
- Once the restore is complete, go back to the main menu and select Wipe> Format data and type yes.
- Now once again go back to TWRP Main Menu and Tap on Restore. This time select the backup which you created at the start. But make sure to select Data Partition Only. This will restore all your apps and other data. Skip this step if you want a fresh install.
Root Galaxy S8+ G955F
- Go to TWRP Main Menu and Tap on “Install”, and then select the SuperSU zip file.
- Swipe at the bottom to install it.
- Once it’s installed hit the Reboot System button and wait.
That’s it! Android Oreo Beta 3 on Samsung Galaxy S8+ G955F is installed.