The wait is over. Today we will tell you How to Download and Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8. Samsung recently released Android Oreo for Galaxy S8 via a Beta program which means the only handful of people got their Galaxy S8s update to Android Ore. However, with our guide, you will be able to Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8. I will be honest here, it’s not that easy this time around as Samsung has up their game this year. Therefore, there is no Odin involved here. To install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8 first you need to have TWRP recovery install on it. Here is the guide on How to install TWRP on Galaxy S8.
As I mentioned earlier, this not an official method so read the below warning carefully and proceed at your own risk. However, I am confident that if you follow all the steps carefully then there won’t be any issue.
So, if you are ready to install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8 then proceed further.
Note: This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F [EXYNOS VARIANTS]. Please don’t this on any other device.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Galaxy S8 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8 SM-G950F [G950FXXU1ZQJJ]
- First of all, turn off your Galaxy S8.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode and take a complete backup of your ROM.
- TWRP is not able to mount /data so format your data from TWRP.
- Once TWRP is done with formatting. Reboot your device, and reboot it again into recovery mode.
- Here create a small backup of boot.img to make that backup path is created on your device.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 to computer via USB cable. Now Go to TWRP/Backups/ on your computer. Here paste the downloaded Oreo update .rar file.
- Now go back to the main TWRP menu and choose Restore.
- Wait until you see the boot logo.
There you go. This is how you can install Android Oreo on Galaxy S8.