Like LineageOS, CarbonROM is now available on the Honor View 10 and other Project Treble Compatible devices. Huawei has been one of the best OEMs lately when it comes to supporting the community developers. The Huawei and Honor Devices recently received LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM, which also supported Project Treble Compatible devices. Today, the team behind CarbonROM has released unofficial build for Honor View 10 and other Project Treble-compatible devices. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to install CarbonROM on Honor View 10 and Other Project Treble Compatible Devices.
So, if you want to install CarbonROM on Honor View 10 or any other Project Treble Compatible device then go ahead and follow our step by step guide.
- Unlock bootloader on Honor View 10.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Backup all important data as while installing TWRP you might lose the data.
- Before you flash, make sure you’re on the latest 8.0 stock builds, then flash the system.img in fastboot.
How to Install CarbonROM on Honor View 10
- Download CarbonROM from the link given above and save it on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to the PC and boot it into bootloader mode.
- To do so, power off your phone then turn it on by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down.
- Next, open a command prompt or terminal window and navigate to the same directory where you downloaded the system image from above.
- Enter the following command: fastboot flash system system.img
- Don’t forget to change the system.img with the exact name of the image you downloaded.
- Reboot the phone now. If your phone goes into bootloop, let it continue until it brings you to Huawei’s recovery screen asking you to do a low-level data wipe. Select that option with the power button and let it do its thing.
That’s it! Your phone should boot into CarbonROM.