Lollipop v5.0 was the last official update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 received. But thanks to the open source nature of Android OS there are many Custom ROMs available in the market which can be installed on different devices with adequate firepower. LineageOS 14.1 Custom ROM based on latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
A vibrant Full HD Super AMOLED 5.7 inch screen is slapped on the face of Galaxy Note 3. With 13 MP, f/2.2 Primary Camera and 2MP front facing camera. On the performance side it’s packed with 3GB of Ram and pretty powerful Octa-core processor. So, you shouldn’t worry about the performance the device has enough power to run latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
The ROM is great and won’t give up on you while you are playing with it. Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM has all the official features along with awesome custom features of Lineage OS. This latest official custom ROM by Lineage comes with many handful features like Google Assistant, Image Keyboard support, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings and much more.
This is not an official ROM released by Samsung so in order to flash Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3 you need to have root access and the latest Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP must be installed on Galaxy Note 3.
If you are ready and want to update your Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat then follow our step by step guide to fulfil your wish. And if you follow it carefully than within no time you will be enjoying Android 7.1.2 Nougat on your Galaxy Note 3.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy Note 3 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note 3 to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note3 to your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button together
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing Google Gapps after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 3.