Nokia has always been one of the best mobile manufacturers when it comes to providing speedy updates to its users. HMD Global has already started rolling out stable Android 8.1 Oreo update for Nokia 8. This update is being pushed via OTA system, therefore, it means that all the users are not going to receive the update at the same time. We know the drill here, OTA updates are always pushed in batches, so, it could take a week or more than a week before the update reaches everyone. Anyhow, you don’t have to worry if you haven’t received the stable Android 8.1 Oreo update for Nokia 8. In this Android tutorial, we will tell you How to install Stable Android 8.1 Oreo Update For Nokia 8.
The firmware file provided in this post weighs around 1.53 GB in size and comes with build ID number v4.84A along with February 2018 security patch. This update will bring all the features of Android 8.1 Oreo to your Nokia 8.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Nokia 8 USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How To Install Stable Android 8.1 Oreo Update For Nokia 8
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo v4.84A OTA Update zip file from the link given above.
- Once downloaded, transfer the update zip file to the root of your internal storage on the phone.
- Now boot your Nokia 8 into recovery mode. To do so, power off your device; then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Buttons. Release both the buttons once you see Bootloader Menu.
- Now from this Menu select Recovery Mode, and your Nokia 8 will reboot into recovery mode. (Power Button is used to make selection)
- Once your phone is back up in recovery mode. Simply, select install update from SD card. Locate update zip file which you transferred to your phone. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation to proceed.
- After the successful installation of Android 8.1 Oreo v4.84A OTA Update, head back to the main menu and select reboot system now.
That’s it! You have successfully installed Android 8.1 Oreo v4.84A OTA Update on Nokia 8.