In this Android tutorial, we are going to tell you how to root Galaxy A5 2017 with CF-Auto Root on Android Nougat. For those who aren’t familiar with CF-Auto Root, it’s a small application, developed by Chainfire, which allows users to root their Samsung devices with ease. Be advised that, it’s specifically designed for Samsung devices, so don’t even think to try it on any other device. CF-Auto root has made rooting so easy that anyone can root their Samsung devices without much of the hassle, provided that your device is included in the list of supported devices by CF-Auto root. Recently, Chainfire updated their binaries and added many devices to their list of supported devices. Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 has also been included officially. Therefore, you can root Galaxy A5 2017 with CF-Auto Root on Android Nougat.
Rooting an Android was once a painstaking and risky task. But now, with the help of applications like Magisk, SuperSu, CF-Auto Root, etc. it’s not a complicated task anymore. The benefits one reap after rooting an Android device are of so much value that it’s kind of a must for an Android power users root their devices. So, to unlock the true potential of Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F) its advised that you root Galaxy A5 2017 with CF-Auto Root on Android Nougat.
It cannot get easier than rooting with CF-Auto Root, but still, we warn you to proceed on your own risk. Android Tutorial, won’t be responsible if you damage your device during the course. Also, be noted that this guide is specifically for Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520F). Therefore, if this isn’t your mobile’s model, then we would suggest to not go any further.
Without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on how to root Galaxy A5 2017 with CF-Auto Root on Android Nougat.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A520F USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Galaxy A5 2017 with CF-Auto Root on Android Nougat
- Unzip and install Odin on your PC
- Unzip Chainfire Zip file and retrieve .tar.md5 file on your PC.
- Now switch off your phone and get into download mode: press and hold Volume Down + Home buttons simultaneously and with them hold the Power Key as well. Release the buttons when Warning screen appears. Now press the Volume Up button to enter the download mode.
- Open Odin on your computer and connect Galaxy A5 2017 to your PC while it’s still in Download Mode.
- When connected successfully you will see a message “Added” in Odin.
- In Odin, click on the AP/PDA button and select the extracted CF-Auto-Root file.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected. Now click on Start to initiate the root process of your Galaxy A5 2017.
- When the root process is completed, you will see a Pass message and ID:COM will turn green.
- Once your Galaxy A5 2017 automatically reboots into recovery mode and you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy A5 2017.
That’s it! Your Galaxy A5 2017 is rooted now.