The LG K20 Plus is another powerful device recently released by LG. The device comes with Android Nougat and a locked bootloader. Most of LG’s devices come with a locked bootloader which is a major turn off for some users. Here we will tell you how to unlock bootloader of LG K20 Plus. To really reap the benefits of Android you need to have a device with an unlocked bootloader. Since you need an unlocked bootloader to flash Custom ROMs, root your phone, or install modified kernels. Once bootloader of LG K20 Plus is unlocked, you can use the device to its potential.
Therefore, if you are fed up of bloatware stuffed in LG K20 Plus, or you just need to try awesome Custom ROMs on your LG K20 Plus then you must unlock the bootloader of your LG K20 Plus. Because to perform anything above factory restrictions you need to root LG K20 Plus and install a Custom Recovery like TWRP. This is not an official way to unlock the bootloader of LG K20 Plus so it will void your warranty. Please follow below guide to Unlock Bootloader of LG K20 and Install TWRP and Root LG K20 Plus.
Note: This guide is only for LG K20 Plus.
WARNING: ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- ADB and Fastboot drivers must be installed on your PC.
- Download and install LG USB drivers on your Windows PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Unlock Bootloader on LG K20 Plus
- Open the Command Window ADB and Fastboot directory.
- Now connect your device with your PC using your USB cable and enter the following command to reboot to the bootloader.
- adb reboot bootloader
- To check if the connection is established successfully run the below command. If the command returns name or the serial number of your device then the connection is successful.
- fastboot devices
- Finally, enter the below command to unlock bootloader on LG K20 Plus.
- fastboot oem unlock
- Once the process is complete, reboot your device with the following command.
- fastboot reboot
Install TWRP Recovery on LG K20 Plus
- Connect your LG K20 Plus with the computer using USB cable and once again enter the following command to reboot to the bootloader.
- adb reboot bootloader
- Make sure that “recovery.img” file is placed in ADB folder. Now enter the command, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to install the TWRP recovery.
Once TWRP recovery is flashed successfully, remove your K20 Plus from the computer and reboot it.
Root LG K20 Plus
- First of all download SuperSU.zip and it in the internal storage of your device.
- Now disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Now again tap on Install >> Local and select SuperSU.zip file >> swipe the screen to flash.
- Flashing SuperSU will actually root your LG K20 Plus. Reboot your device now.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted and installed TWRP Recovery on LG K20 Plus.