In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to record WhatsApp video call on your Android phone. WhatsApp doesn’t give any such feature by default so we will use a reliable third-party app in order to record WhatsApp video calls. Before we go any further, first let’s answer one important question.
Is it legal to record a WhatsApp video call?
The answer to this question is – It depends on which part of the world or in which country you are living. Some countries allow you to record the conversation provided you seek permission from the other party. If the person refuses the conversation to be recorded then you simply cannot record the conversation.
However, apart from the recordings being used in legal disputes, there could be other reasons why you would want to record a WhatsApp video call. For e.g. you might need to record a video interview that you are just about to conduct.
How to record WhatsApp video call on Android Phone
As stated earlier, there’s no native feature in Android OS, that allows you to record a video call. Therefore, we will use a third-party app to do so. So, if you want to record WhatsApp video call then follow the below steps.
- Download MNML Screen Recorder from the Google Play Store. The application is available for free.
- Launch the application from your app drawer. Then click on the three dots at the top right corner and tap on
- Click on the recording part named Recording and activate Record Audio.
- Now Go back to the application and click the Record button at the bottom of the screen. The three seconds counter will start before you the application starts recording anything.
- A warning will appear on the screen indicating that the application will record everything that will be displayed on the screen. Confirm and the recording will start.
- Now open the WhatsApp and make the call.
- Once the conversation is over, there two ways to stop the recording. The quicker way is to drag-down a quick notification bar and click the Stop button (Square Button). The other way is to open the MNML app and click on the Stop in the bottom right.
That’s it! your WhatsApp video call recording is available in MNML application. You can view it on your device or share it with friends.