Samsung Galaxy S8 is out in the market for quite a while now. Any by now we have seen what this device is capable of. Galaxy S8 is all about raw power and stunning Infinity display and a much cleaner OS. Samsung is doing great towards not stuffing its devices with bloatware, which means the faster and smoother Android experience. However, being a power Android user you will never be satisfied with the restrictions imposed by Samsung and would want to root your device.
Same is the case with Galaxy S8, a nearly couple of weeks after its launch the developers around the world managed to install TWRP on Galaxy S8 and also managed to Root Galaxy S8 using Magisk module. But these methods were lengthy and little bit complicated for your liking. But today we have a good news for Galaxy S8 users, Chainfire has included new devices running on Android Nougat into CF Auto Root. And these new devices include Galaxy S8, means now you can root Galaxy S8 with CF Auto Root in a couple of minutes. CF Auto Root has always been the best and easiest way to root a Galaxy Device. Therefore, today we will guide you that How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 with CF Auto Root.
Note: This guide is only for Galaxy S8 G950F, G950FD, G950U, G950N and G950W running on Android Nougat.
Warning: You will lose the warranty of Galaxy S8 by rooting it.
Without any further ado lets go straight to the guide on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 with CF Auto Root.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Confirm the model of your Galaxy S8. It should be G950F, G950FD, G950U, G950N and G950W .
- Now go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on the Build Number several times to Enable Developer Options. From Developer Options “Enable OEM Unlock”.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- Download Latest Samsung Galaxy S8 USB Drivers.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 with CF Auto Root
This guide is only for rooting Samsung Galaxy S8, it won’t install TWRP on Galaxy S8. Please follow our guide on how to install TWRP on Galaxy S8.
- Extract the downloaded CF Auto Root file on your PC.
- Run Odin as administrator on PC.
- Now boot your phone into download mode.
- To boot Galaxy S8/S8+ into Download Mode, Turn your phone off. Once it’s fully off, press and hold the Bixby and Volume Down button and then press the Power button. The phone will boot into Download Mode. Now, press Volume Up key to continue!
- Now connect your phone with computer using a USB cable.
- Once the Galaxy S8 is connected successfully with the PC, the ID: COM port will turn Blue on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!”
- Click on the AP button on Odin and locate the .tar file which you extracted earlier. Once located, select it.
- Make sure that only F . Reset Time option is checked. Every other option should be unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the flashing of Auto Root on your Galaxy S8.
- A PASS! message will appear once the installation of Auto Root on Galaxy S8 is successful.
- Now reboot your device manually. Press Volume Up + Down + Power Key for a while to reboot the Galaxy S8.
Now your Galaxy S8 will show you a warning that DM-verify has been triggered and you need to Reset your device. You need to Reset the device to get into the system, once you are back into the system you can install Root checker to verify your root.
That’s how to root Samsung Galaxy S8 with CF Auto Root.